Hair loss is a common problem nowadays, especially with women. However, loss of hair can be controlled if you are serious about bringing in a change. A major way to control your lifecycle is to reduce bad habits such as alcohol consumption and smoking. Besides, regular practice of yogas and asanas can really work wonders!
Yoga asanas (special postures of your body) and pranayama stimulate circulation of blood and oxygen to the body. It helps in the growth of metabolism which improves your scalp and, helps rejuvenate dry and limp hair. This in turn promotes healthy hair growth till a large extent. Here is a list of yoga postures that can create havoc in case of excessive hair fall. Such postures when practiced regularly can really induce healthy growth of hair.
Types of Yoga and its benefits:
- Forward bending yoga poses are extremely popular as they increase blood and oxygen supply to the face and head respectively. These asanas are, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Uttanasana, etc. Such body postures can also help in terms of rejuvenation of nerves. It is important to note that, these yoga poses also aids the body to switch from the sympathetic to the parasympathetic nervous system. At the same time yogasanas help to reduce stress which is one of the major causes for hair fall.
- Asanas such as Sarvangasana helps controlling thyroid gland. Reduced or a normal level of thyroid can actually contribute positively to reduced hair fall as well.
- Vajrasana is a relaxing yoga practice which helps to relieve tension and anxiety. Reduced tension can improve digestion to a large extent, which reduces hair loss.
- Pranayama and breathing exercises, on the other hand, help to bring in fresh oxygen in the body. This improves the scalp and help in reducing loss of hair.
- Balayam yoga is a simple nail rubbing exercise that helps to rejuvenate the hair follicles that are connected to the nails.
- Adho Mukha Savasana is one of the best postures to induce hair growth. Such a pose rejuvenates blood circulation, throughout the head and crown, in order to induce hair growth.
- Uttanasana is one of a forward bending pose that induce hair growth. Adding on to a flat belly, this posture can improve growth of hair in scalp as well. While conducting the pose, breathing should be normally done in order to keep your metabolism active.
- Apanasana is a functional yoga which can help in preventing hair loss. It purifies the body through removal of toxins. Detoxificantion lends towards a better metabolism.
As a result, health growth of hair is induced. Additionally it helps in releasing back pain. help in nourishing the thyroid gland. This controls production of thyroxin and reduces an excessive thyroid level. Therefore, this type of a body posture help in reducing hair fall to a large extent.
4 Powerful Pranayama Techniques for Preventing Hair Fall
Loss of hair is a very common issue during the modern times. Stress is one of the major factors contributing towards loss of hair, especially for women. Therefore, relieving stress is first and foremost step in order to reduce hair fall to a large extent. Best way to relieve stress is through pranayama and meditation. Meditation and pranayama are special techniques in order to rejuvenate human metabolism. Improvement of metabolic output is done through an improved blood circulation in the body. Here, in this blog we give you a list of important pranayama techniques to improve your metabolism.
Pranayama – The basic concept
In order to understand the benefits, you have to first understand about the concept of pranayama. These are actually simple breathing exercises, which help your body to rejuvenate. Breathing exercises however, have defined processes and methodologies. If such exercises can be practiced regularly, then, it can actually wreak havoc.
Types of Pranayama:
Kapalbhati is a powerful pranayama breathing exercise. This helps in brain receiving an additional amount of oxygen, which in turn activates the nervous system. At the same time these types of breathing exercise, actually help in reducing blood sugar and obesity.
Process of Kapalbhati
Sit in Padmasana or Lotus Pose with your legs folded. Start throwing up your breath forcefully as soon as you are comfortable. Adjacent to this, breathe in softly. Repeat this breathing technique for 5 minutes, continuously. Initially, it may be difficult to continue this breathing even for a minute. But with regular practice you will be able to continue such breathing for a long time.
2. Bhastrika Pranayama
This is another pranayama that helps remove excess bile juice produced by the liver. At the same time, it removes phlegm and wind from the body. Such an exercise also purifies the blood and the nervous system in a human body. This in turn helps induces hair growth. This pranayam can even be done in order to get rid of belly fat, especially for women.
Process of Bhrastika Pranayam
This enables a forceful breathing exercise in which you sit in Vajrasana position. You have to clench your fists and bring them beside your shoulder. Now forcefully breathe in as you push your hands upwards and breathe out as you lower them down.
3. Anulom Vilom
Anulom Vilom is commonly known as Naadi Shodhan Pranayama. It propagates a simple, alternate breathing technique. Such a technique improves the quality of air consumed by lungs and helps to prevent free radicals. The technique is useful in inducing proper blood circulation within the body, and improves immunity till a large extent. The process helps in building up of a healthy scalp, and regulates hair fall to a significant volume. The constant regulated breathing also massages, tones and cleanses the entire nervous system, thereby making you feel relaxed.
Process of Anulom Vilom
Sit in the Padmasana or Lotus Pose. Place the thumb of one hand on one nostril and fold the index finger. Keep the ring finger straight. This can be used to close the other nostril. Now, inhale deeply through the open nostril. Once done, close it with the index finger. Follow opening the other nostril and exhale through it. The process can be repeated with the help of both the nostrils.
Caution – Those suffering from High blood pressure, heart disease or hernia should not try it. Medical practitioners suggest that, one should initially perform such exercises with the help of experts.
Yoga asanas are useful body postures which can help a lot in improving human health & leads to safe & healthy life. Yoga induces active metabolism and hence promotes cell rejuvenation. Medical experts suggest that, yogas can be practiced by all and sundry in order to improve health conditions. Certain yogas which are as listed above are heavily useful in reducing hair fall as well. Pranayams, on the contrary, are simple breathing techniques which can improve human metabolism to a large extent. Such techniques can help in overall wellbeing and can induce healthy hair growth, in men as well as women.